Kings of heartbreak, Mayday Parade, have recently announced the bands that will accompany them on their UK A Lesson In Romantics 10-year anniversary tour. Support will come from Australian pop punk crew With Confidence and indie-rock band All Get Out.
And since this show is getting closer, and we are getting more and more excited about it, we thought we’d put together a list of 13 of our favourite incredibly-emo (and extremely 2007) lyrics from A Lesson In Romantics! Because let’s face it, Mayday Parade always bring the angsty one-liners.
So without further ado, we present your emo childhood. (In no specific order.)
- “I’ll be fine, I swear / I’m just gone beyond repair” – ‘Jersey’
- “Cause I’m a mess and you know that I can’t help it” – ‘Take This To Heart’
- “And please don’t tell me that I’m dreaming / When all I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you” – ‘Jamie All Over’
- “And this jealous actress has a habit of making things sound way too tragic” – ‘Black Cat’ – (Can we just talk about how incredibly 2006 MySpace this line is?)
- “I can live without you but / Without you I’ll be miserable at best.” – ‘Miserable At Best’
- “You got here just in time / To let me know I was worth saving / It’s nothing more than for the heart” – ‘Walk On Water Or Drown’
- “She’s like the ghost that keeps you up all night / And she’ll be a secret you can keep / Keep me”– ‘Ocean And Atlantic’
- “She said she’ll run / Until her feet don’t touch the ground / And as the waves carry me out / Keep listening / She’ll never make a sound.” – ‘Ocean And Atlantic’
- “And then we both go down together / We may stay there forever / I’ll just try to get up” – ‘I’d Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About’
- “As I’m looking to the sky to count the stars / I wonder if you see them where you are” – ‘Walk On Water Or Drown’
- “Cause’ I know I’m good for something / I just haven’t found it yet.” – ‘Miserable At Best’
- “And this never will be right with me / And now you’re trying desperately / But I’m tongue tied and terrified of what I’ll say” – ‘I’d Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About’
- “So why’d you have to go? / Is there something I could say to make you turn around? / Cause nights like these I wish I’d said don’t go” – ‘Champagne’s For Celebrating (I’ll Have A Martini)’